Striving for an Equitable Workplace
Equity in the workplace can only be achieved through the active promotion and facilitation of equal opportunities and the elimination of any unfair or discriminatory practices relating to race, gender, sex, ethnic or social origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, colour, marital status, family responsibility, age, disability, religion, HIV/Aids status, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language, etc. in terms of employment and other HR practices.
The effective management of equity and diversity within the workplace is the responsibility and accountability of every leader within Samancor Chrome.
Samancor Chrome drives Employment Equity (EE) to achieve the following objectives:
- Compliance to the Mining Charter requirements;
- Compliance to the Employment Equity Act;
- A diverse and representative workforce;
- Equity reflective of the broader society;
- No employment barriers to enter the organisation;
- Fairness, transparency and consistency in terms of entry into and promotion within the organisation.